Foster Connections with Easterseals UCP
There are 15,000 kids in North Carolina’s foster care system. As part of our Foster Love, Foster Hope campaign to recruit foster parents, we are also reaching out to our internal team members for assistance. If you know of a loving individual or family that may be interested in fostering a child, please let us know. Easterseals UCP and PORT Health team members can receive $500 for connecting us with an individual or family who becomes licensed to foster with Easterseals UCP. See below for more details!
Who can submit a connection?
Current Easterseals UCP and PORT Health team members are eligible. Exception: members of ESUCP’s Child Placement Team are not eligible to submit a connection or participate in this Foster Connections promotion.
When will I be paid for my connection?
Easterseals UCP and PORT Health team members will receive $500 when the individual or family you connect us with becomes licensed to foster with us. It generally takes most applicants at least six to nine months to complete the process.
Who is eligible to foster?
- Individuals and families who are NOT Easterseals UCP or PORT Health employees.
- Individuals and family’s who are NOT related to an Easterseals UCP employee.
- Individuals and families with a passion for kids and interested in making a difference in the life of a child who has experienced trauma and loss.
- North Carolina residents of the following counties: Alamance, Beaufort, Bertie, Brunswick, Carteret, Chatham, Craven, Duplin, Durham, Franklin, Guilford, Johnston, Jones, Lenoir, Martin, New Hanover, Onslow, Orange, Pamlico, Pender, Person, Pitt and Wake.
- Individuals who are at least 25 years old. 21 to 24-year-olds will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Individuals or families who own or rent a home or apartment. Homeowner’s or renter’s insurance is required along with adequate space for the foster child to have a furnished bedroom.
- Individuals (and any adults living in their home) must have a clean criminal background.
- Individuals must have reliable transportation, proof of insurance and a safe driving record.
- Must be willing and able to complete extensive pre-licensure training, home study, ongoing training and routine home visits.
Submit a Connection
If your connection meets the eligibility requirements above please make a submission below.
Frequently asked questions about becoming a foster parent.