Essential Job Functions:
· Participates fully in the Child and Family Team (CFT) process and meetings
· Participates in the development of the Family Plan activities, goals and strategies
· Educate youth, families, providers and the community about Wraparound Services
· Provide education and assistance in navigating the child serving systems
· Support others working with the youth to understand youth culture
· Assist the youth to understand and express their needs, goals and decisions
· Role model effective behavior for the youth promoting healthy relationships and coping skills
· Help the youth learn self-advocacy skills to articulate their strength and talents
· Help youth learn to reason and regulate the pros and cons of their choices and behaviors
· Promote and strengthen healthy relationships in all areas of life (life domains)
· Active involvement in all orientation and engagement with the youth and family prior to service and once services have begun
· Complete all required documentation and paper work as directed and within timelines and expectations
· Work with the Wraparound Coach, Team and community to strengthen Wraparound rapport and overcome challenges
· Maintains current certification in CPR/ First Aid/ Medication Administration/ Bloodborne Pathogens/ Seizure Management/ NCI training.
· Provides internal training of staff as needed.
· Coordinates Staff and Team activities and schedules
· Assures adherence to Client Rights and Confidentiality Rules including HIPAA regulations.
· Documents services and service provision according to ESUCP, state and federal guidelines.
· Keeps Wraparound Coach and Supervisor informed of clinical and administrative issues relating to service in a timely manner.
· Participates in on-call rotation for routine and emergency situations. Responds to emergency/crisis situations as needed during the day, night, holidays and weekends in a timely manner. Responds to crisis calls within 15 minutes
· Expands and promotes Wraparound services by conducting presentations to agencies not familiar with Wraparound
· Participates in all trainings and Wraparound expansion and enhancement activities.
· Performs other duties, as assigned by supervisor.
· Follows all ESUCP procedures as appropriate to position
· Life Experience as a beneficiary of mental health or substance abuse services AND
· Bachelor’s degree in a human services field from a college or university OR
· Associate Degree in a human services field from an accredited school and one (1) year experience working with youth OR
· High School diploma or GED with a minimum of four (4) years of working with Youth
· Experience in navigating any of the child and family serving systems
· Will complete NC Youth Move Leadership Series and the National Peer-to-Peer (P2P) support curriculum within their first year of employment
· Direct experience with High Fidelity Wraparound preferred
· Valid unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license and ability to be insured by Easter Seals UCP’s insurance carrier.
· Must have reliable transportation and current vehicle insurance.
· Computer, Microsoft Office Suite, phone, cell phone and fax. Use of personal vehicle is required.
Essential physical requirements:
· Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
· Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
· Must be able to speak audibly, write legibly and perform repetitive motions such as typing.
· Must be able to drive on a regular basis to oversee and provide services in various locations throughout the region to meet the needs of the individuals served by Child Placement.
· Work is office/community-based; travel and work within any setting is required (Flexible depending upon the needs of those served). Exposure to weather elements may occur during travel.
(serves Scotland and Robeson Counties)
Feel free to contribute!