Our SensABLE Snacks Food Truck Program has a Full Time opportunity for a Vending Supervisor to join the Ahoskie team. Schedule (Mon-Fri 8:00am-4:00pm) with occasional Saturdays). Vending truck will travel throughout Ahoskie and surrounding areas 2x day on weekdays with special events TBD.
The Vending Supervisor is responsible for food truck vending/distribution service, maintenance, inventory, and customer experience. This is an active and hands-on position, leading staff and interns in a customer service environment. The Vend Supervisor works alongside the Transition Supervisor to provide employment support services to individuals participating in the SensABLE Snacks food truck program.
- Monday-Friday; 8:00am-4:00pm with occasional Saturdays
What You’ll Do:
Responsible for supervising food truck interns, assistants, and food truck job coaches as relevant. This position will closely coordinate activities with the funder and reports to the Innovative Programming Director of EMPOWER.
- Leads community-based food truck activities, including but not limited to: time management, multi-tasking, customer relations and feedback, safety and securement of all assets, driving and interacting with community and hosts.
- In conjunction with the program team (Transition Supervisor, Innovative Programming Director, etc.), Vending Supervisor will create a truck route calendar at least two weeks in advance, maintaining all contractual obligations (EHR/CoH distribution, food bank drops, EMPOWER vends etc.)
- Supports volunteers, interns, and staff as they learn and follow food truck protocol
- Closely coordinates requested special activities with the funder.
- Works cooperatively and professionally with all members of the transition team.
- Performs customer service duties to model appropriate behavior for successful sales retention and hospitality industry acceptance.
- Drives trucks within all safety guidelines and protocols.
- Manages the logistics of routes, including coordinating schedules and serving as liaison with host venues.
- Manages the logistics of virtual snack sales, including inventory control, purchasing, packaging, and distribution.
How You’ll Benefit:
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community. We offer comprehensive benefits as well as paid training and professional development.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For:
- High School diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two years of restaurant/food truck OR retail experience, preferred.
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple responsibilities, and prioritize.
- Must be a strong communicator, team player, and adaptable leader.
- Must complete and maintain the current Easter Seals UCP training curriculum, which includes but is not limited to the following: CPR/First Aid, NCI (as appropriate), Medication Administration (as appropriate), core competencies, and other training relevant to the position as defined by local program guidelines.
- Willing to work occasional scheduled weekends, early mornings, or evenings as needed.
- Must have a valid state-appropriate driver’s license and reliable transportation. Transported individuals to and from the job site may be required in personal vehicles.
Essential MUST Haves:
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 Lbs.
- Visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine the assigned work’s accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.
- Physically able to climb up and down stairs, stand, bend, stoop, stretch, reach, twist and work for long periods in the confined space of a food truck.
- Perform the physical tasks necessary to support individuals, such as lifting, bending, and standing. These tasks are unique to the individual helped and/or the particular vending sites.
- Physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods, and performing repetitive motions such as using a computer.
The Vend Supervisor is typically in multiple environments, including community settings that include distribution sites such as parks, businesses, city streets, and other open-air venues. SensABLE snacks operate in the public purview, requiring astute awareness of varied socioeconomically and multicultural regions.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.