$1,000 Sign-on Bonus Eligible for Newly Hired Staff!
Are you passionate about giving back to your community? No, I’m not talking about giving money but your time, efforts, and dedication! The individuals you will help, and support may look fine on the outside; however, having a resource like yourself will be highly beneficial! Your mentoring, guidance and assistance are desired in establishing goals for recovery, learning, and practicing new life skills, and provide the constant monitoring of progress and continued encouragement the whole way through. If mentorship is your top trait, we have a career for you!
Easterseals UCP (ESUCP) seeks a Tailored Care Peer Support Specialist. Peer Support Specialists provide life experience with mental illness, substance use, and behavioral health services that professional training cannot replicate. This experience is relevant to and commensurate with the affairs of members served by Tailored Care Management. The Tailored Care Peer Support Specialist concentrates on increasing the individual’s ability to live as independently as possible, managing the illness, and re-establishing their community roles related to the following life domains: emotional, social, safety, housing, mental and physical health, educational, vocational, and legal. We’re hiring staff for Surry County.
Responsibilities include and are not limited to:
· Performs community outreach, engagement, and follow-up with Tailored Care Management members.
· “Lived experience” and a personal recovery story specific to primary mental illness or substance use disorders to assist CM members on their journey.
· Coordinates services and appointments that are in alignment with Individual Service Plan.
· Models recovery values, attitudes, beliefs, and personal action to encourage wellness and resilience.
· Provides consultation to team members to assist in understanding recovery, promoting a culture in which TCM members’ points of view and preferences are recognized, understood, respected, and integrated into treatment.
· Serves as an active Tailored Care Management team member, attending case conferences and weekly TCM team meetings.
· Supports and empowers individuals to exercise their legal rights within the community.
· Supports the care manager in assessing and addressing unmet health-related resource needs.
· Develops and utilizes in-depth knowledge of various community systems to make appropriate referrals, ensuring that individuals are engaged in services.
· Provides various skill-building and self-advocacy activities such as maintaining housing, financial literacy, social interactions, employment readiness, following through on health, and other social service needs.
· Engages in regular communication with family members and identifies natural supports of the CM member to ensure inclusion in treatment.
· Maintains accurate caseloads and tracking tools to meet all care coordination requirements.
· An approved, accredited institution requires a minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency.
· An NC Certified Peer Support Specialist
· Two years of paid experience performing the functions above, with at least one year of paid experience working directly with the Tailored Care Management eligible population.
· The knowledge, skills, and abilities to successfully provide Tailored Care Management to adults with mental illness and substance use disorders
· Excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to handle and prioritize multiple responsibilities.
· Must have current, unrestricted, NC driver’s license.
· Must have current, unrestricted vehicle insurance and provide own transportation to fulfill job requirements.
· Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine the assigned work’s accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness.