Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer activity? Do you love camping and spending time outdoors as much as we do? Camp Easterseals is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of New Castle, Virginia, and is seeking a team of Nurses and Medical Staff to join us for a summer of adventures and camping fun. The Camp Nurses and Medical Staff manage health services and are responsible for the overall safety and healthcare needs of all campers with disabilities and staff.
What You’ll Do
Camp Nurses and Medical Staff check-in campers-interview guardians and collect medications, administer ALL camper and staff medications with exception to inhalers and ointments, attend to any medical emergencies and treat as needed, maintain appropriate medical records and paperwork, reside at camp during sessions, and be on-call while camp is in session.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary in addition to other benefits for Camp staff:
Camp benefits include:
· Room and board (all meals and smores are included!!)
· Climate-controlled cabins
· Competitive pay $; biweekly salary
- plus, a bonus for returning each season
- plus, one if you refer your friends, too!
· Experience caring for individuals with disabilities
· Personal growth and meaningful work
· A beautiful, tranquil work environment with wooded areas to explore in your down-time
· Camp activity areas including swimming pools, creek, recreation hall, dining hall, and many other outdoor areas!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must believe that with the right support, people with disabilities can live, work, and contribute to their communities, have a sense of humor and have a passion for helping others. We also require the following:
· Registered Nurse license(RN), Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), or any medical staff equivalent or higher; compact license or VA state specific license
· Have previous camp or school experience (preferred, not required)
· Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
· Must be able to commit to a minimum of 12 consecutive days
· Have the ability to communicate with staff members and campers to provide a safe and healthy environment while enforcing appropriate safety regulations and emergency protocols
If you are kind, have a great attitude, a sense of humor, and are seeking a rewarding summer opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the lives of the people you will help to enjoy camp, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com.
About Camp Easterseals: For 64 years, Camp Easterseals has provided quality recreational and therapeutic camp programming in the beautiful countryside of New Castle, Virginia. Children and adults with disabilities are able to experience all the outdoors has to offer including horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, ziplining and campfires thanks to an amazing group of dedicated team members just like you.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability, and age.