Looking for a Fun, Rewarding, Summer opportunity? Come join our EMPOWER Summer Camp program in New Bern. The season runs from June – Aug . (flexible schedules Mon-Fri with occasional Eves & Saturdays) Applicants will be interviewed, selected and start pending background screenings for a fast approaching 2023 season.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
- Assist team with identifying, developing, and monitoring individual’s goals while adjusting as needed.
- Participate in all program activities while ensuring safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs are met. Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- This position may have additional responsibilities of Vehicle Driver and/or Vehicle Monitor. The Vehicle Monitor is responsible for monitoring individuals supported while being transported to and from Empower Site including planned outings and fieldtrips.
How You’ll Benefit
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED and (21+) to drive/operate passenger van.
- One year of college or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of experience working with children or adults with developmental disabilities preferred
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and maintain current vehicle insurance.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.