https://eastersealsucp.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/EUCP-Logo.png 0 0 https://eastersealsucp.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/EUCP-Logo.png 2023-05-28 00:00:000000-00-00 00:00:00Residential Supv
Essential Job Functions:
- Links and coordinates the individuals to resources in the community to help them become successful and become more independent.
- Maintains confidential records on all individuals, which include individual goal planning, progress toward goals, medical information, and assessments of resident adjustment.
- Assists individuals with handling money, making and keeping appointments (doctor, dentist, etc.) as needed.
- Helps to provide opportunities for individuals to and from places of employments, personal appointments, and for recreational and other events.
- Encourages residents to do things independently, make their own decisions, interact with others, and participate in community activities.
- Encourages appropriate family involvement.
- Maintains awareness of successes, problems, and general attitudes of the individuals, their employers, and the community.
- Interviews, hires and supervises all Apartment Site Manager positions in collaboration with HR and Program Director.
- Ensures all training is provided and coordinates training opportunities with HR and Program Director.
- Submits overtime requests to Program Director and resolves scheduling problems while staying within budgetary parameters.
- Completes staff performance reviews in a timely fashion.
- Operates program within approved budget.
- Participates in budget development for cost centers in collaboration with Program Director.
- Maintains an up-to-date inventory of house supplies and materials.
- Completes HUD admission and discharge paperwork, authorization requests and other activities related to ongoing access to services for residents in collaboration with Apartment Site Manager.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
- Complete appropriate duties when filling in for Site Apartment Manager.
- Attends required in services and meetings as needed.
- Demonstrates the traits of a team player with a positive attitude and respect towards others.
- Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
- Completes required training within prescribed timeframes.
- All other duties as required by supervisor to meet the needs of the residents and the program.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of fundamental principles, techniques, and methods of the rehabilitation therapy field to include assessments, evaluations, development of goals and activities.
- Skill in writing goals and program objectives.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with administrative superiors, apartment residents, families, community agencies and groups, and a variety of service disciplines.
- Ability to establish appropriate professional boundaries and relationships with staff and consumers consistent with professional practice and professional ethics.
- Ability to supervise, coach and develop staff skills, as well as provide effective disciplinary counseling.
- Ability to work cooperatively, creatively and productively as a member of a team.
- Skills in computer applications necessary to perform the duties of this position.
- Possess commitment to and respect for individual consumer rights while providing a safe living environment for all program residents.
- ability to understand budgets and financial reports
Supervises all Apartment Site Managers.
- A degree from an USDOE or CHEA accredited, four-year college or university in the human services field with qualifications to be credentialed as a QP in MH.
- Two (2) years’ experience working with individuals with mental health disabilities;
- Two (2) years’ administrative/supervisory experience, preferably in a residential setting.
- A valid, state appropriate driver’s license and ability to be insured by Easterseals UCP’s insurance carrier is required.
Standard office equipment: computer, fax, phone, pager. Use of personal transportation may be required.
Essential physical requirements:
- Must be physically capable of lifting 50 pounds. Able to bend and assist with mobility needs.
- Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
- Must be able to speak audibly, write legibly and perform repetitive motions such as typing.
Services are provided in a variety of environments, including the home and community of the person served.