Do you have a passion for making a real difference in the lives of people living with mental health challenges and disabilities? At Easterseals UCP of North Carolina and Virginia, we’re seeking a compassionate and dedicated Registered Nurse to join our Assertive Community Treatment Team (ACTT). As an integral part of our collaborative and supportive team, you will work alongside a psychiatrist, clinicians, co-occurring disorder specialists, and other professionals, all committed to transforming the lives of individuals who have not been adequately treated by more traditional treatment services.
What You’ll Do
As an integral member of our ACT team, you will contribute significantly to the well-being of individuals in the community. Your clinical skills and experience will be vital in assessing, planning, developing, coordinating, and providing treatment, rehabilitation, and support services for individuals under our care. Our team cares directly for our clients in the community, including visits to clients living in their own homes.
We assist individuals in developing the skills, behaviors, and supports they need to live, learn, work, and thrive within their community. In this role, you will:
- Provide essential nursing services including administration and monitoring of medication
- Provide nursing assessments and interventions; screen and monitor individuals for medical problems and medication side effects
- In collaboration with the team psychiatrist, you will develop, revise, and maintain medication protocols, policies, and procedures
- Recording and administer psychotropic medications prescribed by the team psychiatrist
- Evaluate and chart medication effectiveness, complications, and side effects
- Developing strategies, in agreement with the individual, to maximize medication adherence and engage is health promotion
In addition to these roles, you will strive to meet the critical standards contained in the most current edition of the National Program Standards for ACT Teams and maintain documentation as required. You will also coordinate services with other medical providers.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary ($70,000-$80,000) based on your experience plus enjoy a Monday-Friday work schedule.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, as needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
Plus, you’ll receive a $1,000 bonus after a 90-day probationary period and another $1,500 after six months.
What We’re Looking For
We’re seeking an empathetic and patient-focused individual to provide care in various community settings. Excellent oral and written communication skills, the ability to handle multiple responsibilities and assign priorities, and a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license are essential.
You should possess general knowledge regarding principles of Assertive Community Treatment and the laws, regulations, and policies that govern it, along with a thorough knowledge of adult psychopathology, psychiatric nursing practices, medications, and community resources. We also require the following:
- An active, unrestricted nursing license to practice in North Carolina or Virginia (RN, APRN or LPN when applicable)
- A valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a good driving record
- Prior mental health experience preferred
- Bilingual (any language) is a plus!
If you are a compassionate, dedicated nurse looking to make a significant impact, we invite you to apply for this position and join our mission of enhancing lives and our community.
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
Easterseals UCP is an organization where your passion, commitment, and contributions are recognized and valued. Our dynamic team strives to enhance the lives of individuals and families by promoting self-determination, independence, and inclusion within the community. We offer ongoing professional development opportunities and a collaborative, supportive environment that champions diversity, innovation, and excellence. Join us at Easterseals UCP, where your efforts will make a real, positive difference every day.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.