Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a dynamic, people oriented, and dedicated Program Supervisor to join our EMPOWER Recreation & Wellness program in New Bern. This Full-Time opportunity offers competitive salary and comprehensive benefit package. Come join our dynamic team and be part of the EMPOWER recreation family.
- Monday-Friday; 9:00am-5:30pm (with some weekends required)
What You’ll Do
The Recreation and Wellness Supervisor is responsible for the planning, facilitating, and implementation of recreational and wellness activities as well as assisting in the overall operations of all phases of the program. This position has direct supervision of the direct care recreation para-professionals.
- Assist in the recruitment of Direct Support staff including interviews, job shadowing, and hiring process.
- Review participant files and engage with participants in order to fully understand individual’s capabilities and appropriate staff assignments.
- Ensure groups and programs are developed and executed with consideration to participant needs, interests, and abilities.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community. We offer comprehensive benefits as well as paid training and professional development.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
- To join our team, you must have Two (2) years of supervisor experience overseeing staff and implementation of activities within the program
- Bachelor’s degree in recreation, special education, or related human service field preferred.
- 2 years’ experience with developmental disabilities and mental health populations preferred
- Valid driver’s license, good driving record and current auto insurance
If you’re a hands on Supervisor seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people we support, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We believe in a diverse and inclusive culture that leverages unique strengths, perspectives and viewpoints of its workforce can and will advance our just cause, while building a healthy, sustainable organization. That’s why we listen, seek to understand and act to make our organization a safe place for individuals to be their authentic selves.
Applicants of all abilities are encouraged to apply!