$2000 Sign on Bonus. Please be advised that this sign on bonus is paid in two increments. You will be paid $1000 upon hire and the other $1000 will be paid after your 6 month anniversary!
The Nursing supervisor focuses on achieving critical clinical healthcare goals, with an emphasis on improving patient care delivery, quality, and outcomes. Ensuring the delivery of effective patient care is the foremost goal for nursing supervisor. This position requires the use of interpersonal skills to answer questions from patients and their families and resolve issues involving nursing care. The Nursing Supervisor collaborates with the REACH Medical Director and is a dedicated advocate for patients and nursing staff. This position will also assume nursing duties for the Adult Transition Home.
Essential Job Functions:
- Staffing every shift with the appropriate number and levels of nurses.
- Proactively train new nurses about processes, procedures and administrative functions as well as identify professional development opportunities.
- Responsible for hiring nursing staff, performance evaluations, and disciplinary action as required.
- Assign patients to nurses
- Ensure adherence to all relevant nursing and DBHDS standards
- Maintain quality assurance of nursing documentation and client records, including psychiatric assessments through telehealth and/or in person assessments of new admissions within required timeframe.
- Create reports for senior management
- Ensure program compliance with nursing policies and procedures
- Educate and train new nurses
- Evaluate nurses’ engagement and performance
- Inform patients’ family members about clinical concerns and doctors’ instructions
- Provide psychological and emotional support to patients, their family and social supports
- Provide clinical expertise in the management of medical and psychiatric emergencies
- A demonstrated ability to provide consistent quality patient care with a keen eye for detail, organizational skills and effective time management.
- Experience instructing clinical support employees on proper treatment procedures.
- A positive attitude and a propensity for leadership and team-building with the ability to problem-solve under pressure.
- Maintain and manage a cohesive medical team and facilitate good communication between patients, nursing staff and physicians.
- Create and implement nursing policies to foster a positive and organized work environment while planning, prioritizing and assigning health care tasks to clinical support team members
- Manage medication schedules and ensure communication with the medical team to avoid medication errors.
- Encourage nursing staff to adhere to the highest standards in patient care and conducting regular staff reviews
- Five years previous experience as a Nursing Supervisor
- Current valid, unrestricted License as Nurse Practitioner in state of Virginia required.
- Current valid, unrestricted License as Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in state of Virginia preferred with license authorizing to practice without a practice agreement with a physician.
- In-depth knowledge of crisis services for adults and children with MH/IDD
- Outstanding patient management skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, time management and leadership skills
- Problem solver with a positive attitude
- Working knowledge of rules and regulations in MH and IDD in VA.
- Current, unrestricted, state-approved driver’s license and current vehicle insurance