Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a compassionate, caring, and dedicated NC Certified Peer Support Specialist to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary, Assertive Community Treatment team. Your life experience with mental illness or substance abuse and behavioral health services will provide expertise that professional training cannot replicate.
What You’ll Do
Your care will make a huge difference in the lives of the people you will be helping. This team cares directly for our clients in various community settings to provide them with coaching, mentoring, and consultation that promotes recovery, self- advocacy, and self-direction. You’ll also:
- Promote wellness management strategies, including delivering manualized interventions
- Assist clients in developing psychiatric advance directives.
- Model recovery values, attitudes, beliefs, and personal action to encourage wellness and resilience.
- Support and empower clients to exercise their legal rights within the community.
- Provide psychosocial rehabilitative interventions and case coordination.
- You will be on rotational crisis call services.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience between $15.00 and $ 20.00 hourly, plus enjoy a Monday through Friday, full-time, 8am-5pm with flexibility. We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
- Relocation assistance for exceptional candidates!
- Travel reimbursement
- Paid supervision towards continued licensure or will pay up to $65/week toward outside supervision!
- PSLF qualifier
To join our team, you must be willing to provide care in various community settings and have a passion for helping others. We also require the following:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency
- Must be a NC Certified Peer Support Specialist
- Must be or have been a recipient of mental health services
- Must have current, unrestricted, NC driver’s license.
- Must have current, unrestricted vehicle insurance and provide own transportation for use in fulfilling job requirements.
If you’re a kind, experienced professional seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
Easterseals UCP is one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina and Virginia dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible life. Each year, we support 20,000 families by delivering 9 million hours of direct services and a wide variety of life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
We believe in a diverse and inclusive culture that leverages unique strengths, perspectives and viewpoints of its workforce can and will advance our just cause, while building a healthy, sustainable organization. That’s why we listen, seek to understand and act to make our organization a safe place for individuals to be their authentic selves.
Applicants of all abilities are encouraged to apply!