Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a compassionate, caring, and dedicated NC Certified Peer Support Specialist to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary, Assertive Community Treatment team. Your life experience with mental illness or substance abuse and behavioral health services will provide expertise that professional training cannot replicate.
What You’ll Do
Your care will make a huge difference in the lives of the people you will be helping. This team cares directly for our clients in various community settings to provide them with coaching, mentoring, and consultation that promotes recovery, self- advocacy, and self-direction. You’ll also:
- Promote wellness management strategies, includeing delivering manualized interventions
- Assist clients in developing psychiatric advance directives.
- Model recovery values, attitudes, beliefs, and personal action to encourage wellness and resilience.
- Support and empower clients to exercise their legal rights within the community.
- Provide psychosocial rehabilitative interventions and case coordination.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience.
Our benefits include:
· Paid time off and paid holidays
· Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
· Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
· 403(b) Retirement Plan
· Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
· Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be willing to provide care in various community settings and have a passion for helping others. We also require the following:
- A minimum of a high school diploma or equivalency
- Must be a NC Certified Peer Support Specialist
- Must be or have been a recipient of mental health services
If you’re a North Carolina Certified Peer Support Specialist seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now.
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.