Easterseals UCP is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated Nurse to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary NC START team designed to support children and families by providing therapeutic interventions in the community.
What You’ll Do
The Nurse position is responsible for assisting with medical support needs for the program. The nurse will connect with healthcare providers to obtain and transcribe physician orders for medication administration and medical procedures. Nurse is also responsible for training direct care staff on medication administration and education regarding medical diagnoses as needed. Nurse is also expected to participate in weekly consultations regarding individuals served. Nurse will also complete health assessment for guests, track basic vitals, and provide recommendations as needed. Administration of specialized medical treatments on an as needed basis.
How You’ll Benefit
This is a part-time position and is not expected to exceed over 25 hours a week. You’ll earn a competitive salary of $35/hr. plus enjoy a Monday, Thursday, Friday 9am-5pm. Community travel is not required for this role.
What We’re Looking For
To join our team this role will require travel to the site location in Durham on a weekly basis, experience with Electronic Health Records software, and have a passion for helping others. We also require the following:
- Current valid, unrestricted License as a Registered Nurse in state of North Carolina required.
- Qualification to provide CPR/First Aid training strongly preferred
- Experience supporting clients with intellectual/developmental disabilities preferred.
- Experience supporting clients with complex mental health diagnoses preferred.
- Knowledge of the MH and I/DD systems of care preferred.
- Must demonstrate capacity to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
- Experience with crisis prevention and intervention services preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer word processing and data programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based data entry, etc.
If you’re a kind, experienced professional seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age