Easterseals UCP is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated In-home Therapeutic Coach to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary NC START team designed to support children and families by providing therapeutic interventions in the community.
What You’ll Do
- Collaborate with START clinical team to identify positive, strengths-based and culturally competent therapeutic strategies.
- Implement person-specific therapeutic interventions within an individual’s home and communicate the benefit of these interventions to primary caregivers
- Communicate with START team about biopsychosocial factors influencing current functioning, effects of interventions, and coaching outcomes.
- Provide modeling and education with entire family/support system to create a safe, nurturing, and meaningful home environment.
- Establishes rapport with individuals with intellectual disabilities and challenging behaviors, while maintaining respect for each individual’s dignity, individuality and right to confidentiality.
- Maintains professional boundaries with clients and follows ethical and licensing guidelines.
- Monitors individuals for any mental health or behavioral symptoms and provides crisis prevention, intervention and de-escalation supports in accordance with crisis guidelines and person’s crisis plan.
- Plans, structures and prompts social and leisure time activities, including activities that build skills for behavior management, stress management, communication, adaptive living and daily living.
- Serves as a positive representative for agency with other professionals, families and the community.
- Maintains timely documentation, progress notes, and other data, including incident and accident reports.
- Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive hourly salary of $21.00 plus enjoy a flexible, partial remote work schedule We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week. Seeking candidates within the Triangle , Triad region (Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point) and Southern region (Sanford, Sandhills, Pinehurst, Asheboro) area.
Our benefits include the following:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits plus an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
- Supervision for licensure
- PSLF qualifier
What We’re Looking For
This position contributes to the overall crisis stabilization and prevention of the individual and family by providing hands-on assistance and education to families. The START Therapeutic In-Home Coach participates as part of comprehensive START services that collaborate with individual’s primary provider and clinical home, community crisis services, family and others.
- Bachelor’s Degree (Special Education, psychology, and/or human services field preferred)
- Maintain valid license and insurance for personal vehicles utilized for work;
- Complete within specified time period the trainings as required by agency and service model.
- Flexible schedule (evening work probable)
If you’re a kind, enthusiastic individual seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults, and families with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best lives. We support over 22,000 children, adults, and families yearly with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.