Easterseals UCP, one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina & Virginia, is seeking a compassionate and dedicated Clinician to join our Child First team. The New Bern Program is growing and has an immediate opportunity for a Licensed Mental Health Clinician (LPC, LCSW, or LMFT) to provide services throughout Craven and Carteret Counties. Must be willing to support combined caseload for families w/in both counties. If you are passionate about providing community-based care and want to impact the daily lives of others, then this opportunity is for you!
What You’ll Do:
Child First utilizes a team approach to engage families who are referred to the program. Child First’s primary goal is to strengthen the caregiver-child relationship so that it serves both as a protective buffer to unavoidable stress, and directly facilitates the child’s emotional, language, and cognitive growth.
- Responsible for completing assessment process with families (i.e., gather information from interviews, observations of interactions and play, reviewed records, collateral sources, and standardized measures);
- Use all available information to develop a thoughtful, well-integrated clinical formulation and Child & Family Plan of Care
- Provide Child First home-based psychotherapeutic intervention with young children and their caregivers using relational, dyadic psychotherapy (CPP) and other modalities.
- Avert crisis situations by assisting the family in times of urgent need (e.g., risk of harm to child or caregiver, pending child removal), in consultation with the FRP and clinical supervisor.
- Provide on-call, crisis intervention services to clients on a rotating basis.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on experience. Salary range: $50-55,000. In addition, you’ll enjoy a flexible, partial remote work schedule.
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term & short-term disability insurance.
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 11 paid holidays.
- Company iPhone, laptop, MIFI and IT Technical Support
- Company paid Child-Parent Psychotherapy (CPP) training
- Flexible Telecommute schedule (community-based & home office)
- Access to high-quality CEU content and ongoing training opportunities
- Extensive mentorship and support from senior-level LCSW to help you achieve your professional goals.
- Collaborative, supportive, team environment providing weekly reflective individual supervision, team supervision, and group supervision.
What We’re Looking For:
- Master’s level mental health provider (LCSW, LMFT, LPC, clinical psychologist, other), licensed in NC (provisionally licensed individuals with post graduate experience considered).
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working psychotherapeutically with culturally diverse children and families, including parent-child therapeutic work and play therapy (0-5 years). Past CPP training is highly valued.
- Knowledge of early child development, attachment theory and effects of trauma and toxic stress in early childhood brain development.
- Ability to speak a second language (Spanish, Portuguese, Creole, other), highly valued.
If you’re a kind, experienced Clinician seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.