Easterseals UCP is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated Licensed Substance Abuse Counselor to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary, Assertive Community Treatment team (ACT) designed to carry out a full range of community-based treatment functions for adults with substance use disorders. *This position has a $3,000 sign-on bonus.* This position is also eligible for 4 day/10 hour work schedule after 90 days.
What You’ll Do
The Addiction/Co-occurring Disorder Specialist is a certified or licensed substance-use professional on the Easterseals’ ACT team that provides services to individuals who have severe and persistent substance-use disorders as well as mental health needs that have not been adequately treated by more traditional treatment services. As a Specialist, you will develop person center plans for individuals served as well as provide support services by participating in the provision of structured psychosocial interventions to individuals and groups using a stage-wise approach to treatment services.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience between $40,000 and $63,000 annually depending on education, experience, and licensure plus enjoy a work schedule of Monday through Friday with daily travel in Caswell, Rockingham, and Person counties. We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 4 day/10 hour work schedule eligibility after 90 days
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
- Mileage reimbursement! Or use of an Agency Car at this location
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness qualifier
- We also offer PAID CLINICAL SUPERVISION TOWARD FULL LICENSURE, or up to $65/week toward outside supervision
- *Payout for bonus is $1,000 at successful completion of 90 days, $1000 at successful completion of 6 months, and $1000 at successful completion of 1 year
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be willing to provide services in various community locations as needed, rotate first responder coverage for 1-week at a time, have a passion for helping others, and able to link clients to community resources. We also require the following:
- Licensed or certified in the following: CADC, LCAS, LCAS-A, or CCS
- Able to be credentialed as a Mental Health Qualified Professional or Associate Professional
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with the adult mental health population-internships included; ACT team experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a good driving record
If you’re a kind, licensed professional seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.