Our ever-growing Transition-To-Work Program has immediate Full-Time opportunities for Job Coaches to join their team. This position will work 1:1 with participants and support overall program activities Mon-Fri 9am-5p. If you are looking for a new and rewarding position then we are looking for you!
What You’ll Do
The Transition to Employment Job Coach performs as an integral part of the management team working with High School Students and Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The primary duties are to prepare individuals (ages 16yrs old and up) with developmental disabilities for employment. This position will support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Coordinator. This position is supervised by the Transition Coordinator and Program Director.
- Coaches individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompanies individuals being supported to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Analyzes job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis.
- Assists individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards, fading support as appropriate.
- Assists in performing an individual’s job duties to maintain necessary production as well as model work behavior.
- Provides supplemental evaluation, work development, and intensive training activities with individuals being supported according to their service plan and work schedule.
- Assists with the personal care needs of the individuals being supported such as toileting, dressing, eating, etc. as needed.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
- The ideal candidate will be: someone who is able to think creatively, has patience; willing to learn; flexible in understanding schedules; and is comfortable working on their feet for long periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with adolescents and adults with IDD diagnosis.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance. Position requires reliable transportation for community-based travel w/in designated territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re a compassionate, energetic Job Coach seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com