Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, is seeking dedicated, people-oriented Employment Support Professionals (ESPs) to join our team. Full-Time opportunity with flexible schedule Mon-Fri. Community-based role requires travel throughout Mt. Airy, Elkin and Dobson territory. If you’re looking for a fun, rewarding opportunity, then we’re looking for you.
What You’ll Do
The IPS Employment Support Professional (ESP) performs as an integral part of the management team working with adults with mental health and/or substance use issues. Primary duties are to secure community-based employment for individuals with disabilities according to the service definition and IPS Fidelity Model.
- Develops the Person-Centered Employment Plan for individuals assigned to him or her.
- Collaborate with other ESP, Employment Peer Mentor, outside behavioral health providers, families, natural supports, housing, transportation, and other community service providers who support the individual.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be willing to provide support in a community-based role and have a passion for helping others reach their full potential in the work force. Previous experience supporting adults with mental health disabilities in a job coach environment. We also require the following:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with adults with mental health disabilities is preferred.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy and supported employment are preferred.
- Possesses a valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license, has a good driving record and carries current, unrestricted vehicle insurance.
- Willing to travel within assigned territory to support community-based program