WHO WE ARE:
Easterseals UCP is one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina and Virginia dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible life. Each year, we support 20,000 families by delivering 9 million hours of direct services and a wide variety of life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
Our Employment Services Program has an immediate opportunity for a Part Time IPS Employment Support Professional (ESP) to join their team in Greenville.
The IPS Employment Support Professional (ESP) performs as an integral part of the management team working with adults with mental health and/or substance use issues. The IPS Employment Support Professional’s primary duties are to secure community-based employment for individuals with disabilities according to the service definition and IPS Fidelity Model. The IPS Employment Support Professional is supervised by the IPS Team Leader or designee.
- Engages people in Employment Services as required by the service definition and IPS Fidelity Model.
- Develops the Person-Centered Employment Plan for individuals assigned to him or her.
- Collaborates with other ESP, Employment Peer Mentor, outside behavioral health providers, families, natural supports, housing, transportation, and other community service providers who support the individual.
- Coordinates services and assures person-centeredness in all aspects of the service planning process.
- Develops holistic, integrated interventions.
- Accompanies individuals to job interviews and assists in filling out applications and communicating qualifications as needed.
- Accompanies individuals being supported to their community-based employment site to provide on the job training as needed.
- Analyzes job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis as needed.
- Assists individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards. IPS EPS may be required to assist in performing an individual’s job duties to maintain necessary production as well as model work behavior.
- Provides an average of 90% of working hours on IPS service each week.
- Maintains case records as required by licensing and funding entities’ standards and regulations.
- Coordinates communication with parents, care coordinators, behavioral health providers, and other agencies serving the individuals being supported.
- Maintains good work habits regarding attendance, punctuality, appearance, and effective working relationships with co-workers, VR and MCO staff, employers, and people being supported.
- Coordinates services with NCDVR staff.
- Is responsive to safety needs of the individuals being supported (i.e., choking, positioning, etc.)
- Attends appropriate work-related workshops, in-service trainings, and conferences.
- Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages the use of PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
- Must demonstrate Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment, and Caring as appropriate to the position.
- Completes required training within prescribed time frames.
- Performs related duties as requested.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.
- Bachelor’s degree in a human services, psychology or related, preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with adults with mental health disabilities.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy and supported employment are preferred.
- Possesses a valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license, has a good driving record and carries current, unrestricted vehicle insurance.
- Reliable transportation to work in various places around the community.
Feel free to contribute!