Under the supervision of the Program Supervisor or designee, the Direct Support Paraprofessional provides services to individuals supported by the B-3 Individual Supports program, which increase their independence and probability of successfully living on their own, in a supervised apartment setting.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists individuals with identifying goals
- Assists in developing and monitoring outcomes and adjusts, as needed
- Assists individuals with inclusion
- Respects the dignity and individuality of each individual and his/her right to confidentiality
- Assists individuals with daily needs
- Ensures that the safety, health, hygiene and nutritional needs of the individuals are met
- Assists individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence. This includes, but is not limited to: self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities. If an individualized plan exists, this document serves as guide for these supports.
- Completes required paperwork (may vary by location) accurately and as required by program
- Assists individuals with daily activities, home care and maintenance, and transportation
- Demonstrates Easterseals UCP’s valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
- Two years of experience working with individuals with mental health disabilities preferred
Completes required training within prescribed timeframes
Two years of experience working with individuals with mental health disabilities preferred
High School diploma or equivalent, accredited by the appropriate state department of education.