Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a caring and dedicated human resources specialist to serve as an HR Business Partner as part of our Human Resources team. The HR Business Partner provides HR services and support to our operations and client serving teams. This role is a remote/hybrid-based position, preferably in the Eastern, NC area, with occasional travel to our other offices within North Carolina and Virginia.
What You’ll Do
Your role will make a huge difference for our service delivery teams. You will primarily focus on employee relations, diversity and inclusion, retention and engagement strategies, and performance management support. In this role you will:
- Work closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Work closely with management and employees to maintain employee engagement and build and promote a healthy and positive culture
- Provide day-to-day performance management guidance to service line leaders and supervisors (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Manage and resolve complex employee relations issues; conduct effective, thorough and objective investigations (conflict resolution & conflict management) as needed
- Set up and conduct exit employee interviews/surveys, stay and new hire interviews
- Work with HR Specialist on gathering information for unemployment claims
- Maintain in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance, partners with the Compliance Director
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
- Conduct new hire orientation or other HR related training as needed
How You’ll Benefit
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience and we also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week. Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be a caring servant leader with strong interpersonal and communication skills and be willing to take a background check. We also require:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 years of prior HR experience resolving complex employee relations issues
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity & inclusion, employee engagement, performance management, conflict resolution & conflict management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Bilingual (Spanish-speaking) and SHRM certification (PHR or other) strongly preferred.
If you’re kind-hearted, humble and seek a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the productivity of the people you will support, then please apply now by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
Easterseals UCP NC & VA is a trustworthy, compassionate partner providing exceptional disability and behavioral health services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Purpose, dedication, and empathy drive our service delivery. Our diverse and inclusive 2,300-member team provides more than 9 million hours of meaningful support to 22,000 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home and community locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.