Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a caring and dedicated Employee Relations Specialist to serve as an HR Business Partner as part of our Human Resources team. The Employee Relations Specialist (internally called HR Business Partner) provides HR services and support to our front line, client serving teams. This role is a remote/hybrid-based position, based in the Raleigh-Durham area, with occasional travel to our locations within North Carolina and Virginia.
What You’ll Do
Your role will make a huge difference for our service delivery teams. You will primarily focus on employee relations, diversity and inclusion, retention and engagement strategies, and performance management support. In this role you will:
- Help to foster and maintain positive work relationships to ensure a quality work environment and assist to resolve employee issues and conflicts
- Serve as initial point of contact for leaders with employee relations issues, evaluating the scope of the issue through researching, investigating and gathering data
- Provide performance management guidance to leaders and supervisors (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Recommends training as related to employee relations needs
- Prepare HR related communications and correspondence
- Assist with employee life cycle feedback surveys, e.g., new hire, exit, stay interviews and engagement surveys
- Supports Director and Chief People Officer in various HR projects
- Provide HR policy guidance and interpretation
How You’ll Benefit
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience. We offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week which include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be a caring servant leader with strong interpersonal, listening, and communication skills and be willing to take and successfully complete a background check. We also require:
- Bachelor’s degree (Psychology, Business, or Human Services) or AS/equivalent experience
- 2 years of prior experience handling HR Employee Relations matters, performance management or related skills
- Experience with conflict resolution and working with diverse employee populations
- Working knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations
If you’re kind-hearted, humble and seek a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the productivity of the people you will support, then please apply now by sending your resume or apply via our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
Easterseals UCP NC & VA is a trustworthy, compassionate partner providing exceptional disability and behavioral health services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Purpose, dedication, and empathy drive our service delivery. Our diverse and inclusive 2,300-member team provides more than 9 million hours of meaningful support to 22,000 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home and community locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.