If you are passionate about providing community-based care in various settings and want to impact the daily lives of others, then this opportunity is for you!
Easterseals UCP is currently seeking a full-time Housing Specialist to provide direct care services to identified clients, ensuring that clients receive optimal care and that services provided are consistent with ACT service definition. The Housing Specialist will meet clients in the community, homes, and offices as needed. You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience between $40,000-50,000 depending on education, experience, and licensure. This role requires daily travel. We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week.
(Easterseals UCP provides mileage reimbursement or Agency Car)
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provides symptom education to enable clients to identify their mental illness symptoms
- Participates in providing substance use and treatment services.
- Consults with community agencies and families to maintain coordination in the treatment process.
- Ensures immediate changes are made in treatment plans as client’s needs change.
- Educates and supports client’s families; and advocates for clients’ rights and preferences.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree from an approved, accredited institution. A human services degree is preferred
- Qualified Mental Health Professional preferred
- Post-baccalaureate accumulated MH/DD/SA experience with the population served or equivalent of education and required experience
- Valid, unrestricted, state appropriate driver’s license.
- Skills and competence to establish supportive trusting relationships
- Possesses current, unrestricted vehicle insurance and provides own transportation for use in fulfilling job requirement
Our Employees Enjoy:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and long-term & short-term disability insurance
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Clear career growth plans to help you achieve your professional goals
- Up to $65/week toward clinical supervision for licensure
- Caseloads that allow for a healthy work-life balance
- Flexible schedules
- Accrued Paid Time Off + 11 paid holidays.
- Company provided phone and laptop with IT Technical Support
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness qualifier
Easterseals UCP is one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina and Virginia dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible life.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.