Easterseals UCP is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated Employment Specialist / Qualified Professional to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary, Assertive Community Treatment team (ACT) designed to carry out a full range of community-based treatment functions for adults.
What You’ll Do
Employment Specialists on the Easterseals’ ACT team provide services to individuals who have severe and persistent mental health and substance-use disorders that have not been adequately treated by more traditional treatment services. As an Employment Specialist, you will provide support services by:
- Engaging the individual on the topic of school and/or work, particularly competitive employment, educating them about their opportunities and the benefits of working and school.
- Conducting job development, where the vocational specialist builds relationships with local businesses and educates them about the services that the vocational specialist provides, collects information about positions, and, ideally, determines potential for job carving options.
- Facilitating individualized job placement according to individual;s preferences, with a focus on competitive employment.
- Collaborating with the NC IPS-SE Team for case consultation and other job development activities.
- Providing job coaching and ongoing supports, assisting the beneficiary in learning the job skills, navigating the work place, managing work relationships with other employees and supervisor.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience between $40,000-$50,000 depending on education, experience, and licensure plus enjoy a Monday through Friday work schedule. We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
- Mileage reimbursement! Or use of an Agency Car at this location
- Public Student Loan Forgiveness qualifier
- We also offer PAID CLINICAL SUPERVISION TOWARD FULL LICENSURE, or up to $65/week toward outside supervision
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be willing to provide services in community locations, have a passion for helping others, and be able to link clients to community resources. We also require the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree
- Able to be credentialed as a Mental Health Qualified Professional or Associate Professional
- Minimum of 2 years of experience with the adult mental health population-internships included; ACT team experience preferred
- A valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a good driving record
If you’re a kind, licensed professional seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.