Are you looking to use your talents, time and skills to make a positive impact on your community one person at a time? Do you look for the strengths in others? Then we are looking for you. We have an immediate part time opportunity to support New Bern and surrounding area.
Part time Schedule:
Monday-Friday; Flexible Scheduling
What You’ll Do
The Employment Specialist /Job Coach performs as an integral part of the management team working with adults with disabilities or mental health challenges. The Job Coaches primary duty is to secure community-based employment for individuals with disabilities or mental health challenges. The Job Coach may also provide evaluation and intensive training services in the community for the individuals served and supported as their caseloads permit. The job coach will be the primary contact for VR counselors for all individuals assigned.
How You’ll Benefit:
We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and a position with a team that values your personal growth and development.
Plus, if you regularly work more than 30 hours a week, you’ll receive the following fabulous benefits:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For:
To join our team, you must be willing to provide support in a community-based role and have a passion for helping others reach their full potential in the work force. Previous experience supporting adults with disabilities in job coaching environment. We also require the following:
- A High School diploma or equivalent appropriately accredited by the appropriate state department of education.
- A minimum of two (2) years of experience working with adults with disabilities is preferred.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment, are preferred.
- Must have a valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and active insurance with reliable transportation for this community-based program.
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.