Easterseals UCP is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated Service Coordinator/Educator with knowledge of child development and recommended practices in service provision for birth to 3 with, or at risk of, developmental disabilities, to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary, Early Intervention Education team in the South Boston/Halifax, VA area.
What You’ll Do
Easterseals’ Early Intervention Education program provides services to children and their families in their natural environments based on outcomes identified in the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP). As an Educator, you will perform developmental assessments, track overall development, and provide families with information and activities to facilitate positive outcomes based on the goal written in the Individualized Family Service Plan (IFSP).
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary between $23-25/hour based on your experience plus enjoy a flexible, partial remote work schedule. This part time position is 12-15 hours per week, day shift hours, during 8-4:30 pm.
Our benefits for Part-time positions include:
- Any and all technology that you will need to be successful: Laptop, Hotspot, iPhone
- Reimbursement for applicable mileage
- Flexible scheduling
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be willing to provide care in various home settings, have early childhood experience, a valid driver’s license with current auto insurance and a good driving record, and be able to link clients to community resources. We also require the following:
Virginia teaching licensure with one of the following endorsements
- Special Education (birth to 5)
- Early/Primary Education (PreK-3) or (NK-4) or Elementary Education (PreK-6)
- Adapted Curriculum (K-12) or General Curriculum (K-12)
Licensure/Certification in one of the following
- Career and Technical Education-Family and Consumer Sciences
- Certification as a Board-Certified Music Therapist (MT-BC)
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst for (BCBA) (Licensed as Behavior Analyst by the Virginia Board of Medicine)
- Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (Certification through the National Council on Therapeutic Recreation Certification)
If you’re a kind, licensed Virginia educator seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the children and families you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.