What You’ll Do:
In this position you will work directly with clients living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) or mental health (MH) challenges. These clients reside in a variety of residential settings and may require 24-hour care in a warm and friendly, family environment. This staff participates in the daily routine of the home, and provides support for habilitative and rehabilitative activities, personal care, health care, and other activities as outlined in the Plan of Care/ Person Centered Plan/ Individualized Support Plan, with all services provided within the framework of person-centered and informed choice philosophies. You will help clients with their daily living skills and also help keep them socially engaged so their days are enjoyable and meaningful. Daily documentation and reporting is required. We are hiring for the following locations & shifts:
During the week only, start time would be anytime after 10am and this would be a 25 hr. week position.
How You’ll Benefit:
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community. We offer comprehensive benefits as well as paid training and professional development.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For:
To join our team, you must have a willingness to provide care in community setting. We require a valid driver’s license, good driving record and current auto insurance. You must also be willing to successfully complete a background check.
- High School diploma required.
- 1 year of direct care experience, personal care and/or CNA experience, preferred
- Must complete and maintain our training curriculum, which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- CPR/First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Core competencies and other trainings relevant to position
If you’re a compassionate, energetic DSP seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.