Our ever-growing Transition-To-Work Program is seeking a compassionate, energetic Job Coach to join their team in New Bern. This is a Part-Time community-based position offering flexible schedule (Mon-Fri 20hrs a week). Must be willing to transport clients in own car w/in the New Bern area. If you are looking for a new and rewarding opportunity than we are looking for you!
What You’ll Do
The Transition to Employment Job Coach will work 1:1 with High School Students and Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The primary duties are to prepare individuals (ages 16yrs old and up) with developmental disabilities for employment. This position will support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Supervisor.
- Support individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompany supported individuals to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Analyze job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis.
- Assist individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards, fading support as appropriate.
- Assist in performing an individual’s job duties to maintain necessary production as well as model work behavior.
- Provide supplemental evaluation, work development, and intensive training activities with individuals being supported according to their service plan and work schedule.
How You’ll Benefit
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
What We’re Looking For
- The ideal candidate will be: someone who is able to think creatively, has patience; willing to learn; flexible in understanding schedules; and is comfortable working on their feet for long periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with adolescents and adults with I/DD diagnosis.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance. Position requires reliable transportation for community-based travel w/in designated territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re a compassionate and energetic seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.