Easterseals UCP, one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina & Virginia is seeking a dedicated “Direct Support Professional (DSP) who is energetic and passionate about supporting Adults and Children with disabilities. Our Jacksonville program has a full-time position (M-F 9am-5:30p) with some Saturday’s as needed. In addition, part-time hours are available as well. If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, than we are looking for you!
- Full time; (Monday-Friday) 9:00am-5:30pm with some Saturday’s
- Part time hours available
What You’ll Do:
Transition to Employment Coach:
- Support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Coordinator.
- Coach individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompany individuals being supported to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Assist in performing an individual’s job duties to maintain necessary production as well as model work behavior.
- Supports the Transition Coordinator in the development of activities for the program.
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, but not limited to: Self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities. (If an individualized plan exists, this document serves as a guide for these supports).
- Participate in all program activities.
- Ensure that the safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs of the individuals we support are met.
- Lift and transfer individuals, we support as needed.
How You’ll Benefit:
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. You’ll earn a competitive base salary, paid training and full benefits.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- Two years’ experience working with individuals with developmental and other various disabilities preferred.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance required.
- Must have reliable transportation for occasional travel throughout the program’s territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.