Under the supervision of the Recreation & Wellness Supervisor, you will provide support to adults enrolled in our Recreation program.
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, but not limited to: Self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
- Participate in all program activities while ensuring safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs are met. Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- This position may have additional responsibilities of Vehicle Driver and/or Vehicle Monitor. The Vehicle Monitor is responsible for monitoring individuals supported while being transported to and from Empower Site including planned outings and fieldtrips.
How You’ll Benefit:
You’ll earn a competitive hourly payrate based on experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community.
We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules. You’ll also receive paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with important skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum High School Diploma or GED required from a USDOE or CHEA accredited institution.
- One year of college or equivalent preferred.
- Enthusiastic interest in working with adults with various disabilities.
- Two years of experience working with adults with developmental disabilities preferred.
- Physical ability to transfer participants in and out of wheelchairs.
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and maintain current vehicle insurance.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.