Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, is seeking a dedicated, “Direct Support Professional” (DSP) who is energetic and passionate about supporting children with disabilities and/or behavioral issues in After-School recreation program. Our Elizabeth City team has a Year-Round, Part-Time opportunity (M-F 2:00p-6:00p). Teacher Workdays and Summer Camp run full days 8:30am-4:30pm. Some Friday evenings required. Come join our dynamic team and be part of the EMPOWER recreation family.
- Monday-Friday; 2:00pm-6:00pm or 1:00pm-6:00pm
- Teacher work days and Summer Camp hours, 8:30am-4:30pm
What You’ll Do:
Under the supervision of the Recreation & Wellness Supervisor, you will provide support to kids (K-12) enrolled in our After School Recreation program.
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
- Participate in all program activities while ensuring safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs are met. Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- This position may have additional responsibilities of Vehicle Driver and/or Vehicle Monitor. The Vehicle Monitor is responsible for monitoring individuals supported while being transported to and from Empower Site including planned outings and fieldtrips.
How You’ll Benefit:
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 18 years of age, High School diploma or GED. (min 21yrs old if operating Easterseals UCP vehicle)
- One year of college or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of previous experience working with children with developmental disabilities, day care or school age recreation preferred
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and maintain current vehicle insurance.
- Must own reliable transportation for use in the program, and/or be willing to transport program participants in agency vehicles- e.g. van or mini-bus.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.