Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a compassionate, energetic Direct Support Professional DSP) to join our Transition to Employment team in New Bern. This Full-Time position will provide 1:1 client support Mon-Fri 9am-5pm with occasional Saturdays.
What You’ll Do
The DSP performs as an integral part of the management team working with High School Students and Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The primary duties are to prepare individuals (ages 16yrs old and up) with developmental disabilities for employment. This position will support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Coordinator.
- Coaches individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompanies individuals being supported to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Analyzes job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis.
- Assists individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards while fading hands on support as appropriate.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community. We offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week as well as paid training and professional development.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
- The ideal candidate will be: someone who is able to think creatively, has patience; willing to learn; flexible in understanding schedules; and is comfortable working on their feet for long periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with adolescents and adults with IDD diagnosis preferred.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance required.
- Must have reliable transportation that will allow movement throughout the program’s territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re a compassionate, energetic DSP seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.