Our ever-growing EMPOWER Program has several Full-Time and Part-Time opportunities for Direct Service Providers (DSPs) to join their team in Jacksonville. This is a Dual Role supporting both Program’s Service’s (Mon-Fri 8am-5:30pm) with occasional Saturday.
What You’ll Do:
Transition to Employment Coach:
- Support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Coordinator.
- Coach individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompany individuals being supported to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Analyze job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis.
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, but not limited to: Self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
How You’ll Benefit:
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
Plus, if you regularly work more than 30 hours a week, you’ll receive the following fabulous benefits:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For:
- High School diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with adolescents and adults with IDD diagnosis.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance required and be willing to travel throughout the program’s territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
Feel free to contribute!