Our ever-growing EMPOWER Program has a unique Full-Time opportunity for Transition to Employment Coach / Recreation Paraprofessional to join their team.
In this combined role you will support individuals in Transition to Employment, SensABLE snacks food truck vending, and After-School Recreation program. On Saturdays you will support respite care or Transition to Independent Living. Required On-call support 3 days a week for Transition to Independent Living program.
What You’ll Do:
Transition to Employment Coach:
- Support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Coordinator.
- Coach individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompany individuals being supported to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Support individuals working on food truck with commissary vending, inventory and stocking.
- Analyze job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis.
Direct Service Provider(DSP)
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
- Assist team with identifying, developing, and monitoring individual’s goals while adjusting as needed.
- Participate in all program activities while ensuring safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs are met. Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- This position may have additional responsibilities of Vehicle Driver and/or Vehicle Monitor. The Vehicle Monitor is responsible for monitoring individuals supported while being transported to and from Empower Site including planned outings and fieldtrips.
How You’ll Benefit
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive salary and paid training for completing required courses.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with adolescents and adults with IDD diagnosis.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance required and be willing to travel throughout the program’s territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
Feel free to contribute!