Our EMPOWER after-school recreation program has several Part-Time positions for Direct Service Providers (DSPs) to join their team in New Bern. M-F 1p-5:30p and 2 Saturdays a month. (Full-Day Summer Camp runs June-Aug 9am-5p) If you are energetic and passionate about supporting kids with disabilities and/or behavioral issues, then we are looking for you.
What You’ll Do:
Under the supervision of the Recreation & Wellness Supervisor, you will provide support to kids (K-12) enrolled in our After School Recreation program.
- Responsible for supporting individuals at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence including, self-help skills, independent living skills, accessing community resources, and pursuit of leisure activities.
- Participate in all program activities while ensuring safety, health, hygiene, and nutritional needs are met. Lift and transfer individuals as needed.
- This position may have additional responsibilities of Vehicle Driver and/or Vehicle Monitor. The Vehicle Monitor is responsible for monitoring individuals supported while being transported to and from Empower Site including planned outings and fieldtrips.
How You’ll Benefit:
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 18 years of age, High School diploma or GED. (min 21yrs old if operating Easterseals UCP vehicle)
- One year of college or equivalent preferred.
- Two years of experience working with children or adults with developmental disabilities preferred
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and maintain current vehicle insurance.
- Must own reliable transportation for use in the program, and/or be willing to transport program participants in agency vehicles- e.g. van or mini-bus.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.