Direct Service Provider
No-experience required. We will train for this entry-level position!
Easterseals UCP is seeking compassionate, caring and dedicated Direct Service Providers (DSPs) to join our team. In this position, you will assist individuals living with intellectual and developmental disabilities learn and maintain the skills needed to gain greater independence while at home and while engaging within the community. Under the supervision of a program supervisor, DSPs help clients learn socially appropriate daily living skills. In addition to supporting clients, DSPs also offer families much needed breaks..
- A heart for serving others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance and a good driving record
- Must complete and maintain our training curriculum, which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- CPR/First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Core competencies and other trainings relevant to position
Easterseals UCP is one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina and Virginia dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible life. Each year, we support 20,000 families by delivering 9 million hours of direct services and a wide variety of life-changing programs in 140 different locations
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.