Easterseals UCP, a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia, seeks a compassionate, caring and dedicated Crisis Support Counselor to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary REACH program in Virginia to work partially remote and in the communities served.
hiring for first shift 9 am-5 pm
Pay range is $21-$22/hour; $1000 sign-on bonus
What You’ll Do
Easterseals’ REACH program is a crisis prevention, intervention, and stabilization system that supports individuals with co-occurring conditions that negatively affect their quality of life. REACH provides mobile crisis services and education as well as community and home services within the counties of Arlington, Alexandria, Fairfax, Prince William, and Loudon. As a Crisis Support Counselor, you will utilize a team-based approach to aid with daily activities, personal care, behavioral health needs, health, wellness, and leisure activities to individuals in their home, and in the community and at the REACH Crisis Therapeutic Home (CTH) on an as-needed basis. You will also participate in development and implementation of each person’s Crisis Education and Prevention Plan as a member of the REACH team.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience plus enjoy a flexible, partial remote work schedule. We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
- Mileage reimbursement!
- *Sign-on bonus to be paid out in two installments: $500 at hire, $500 after 90 days
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must be willing to provide care in-home and in various community settings, rotate crisis responder coverage, have a passion for helping others, have experience with diffusing crisis, and able to link clients to community resources. We also require the following:
- Credentials as a Qualified Professional (QMHP) or Qualified Developmental Disabilities Professional (QIDP) or able to be credentialed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field
- One-year experience in intellectual/developmental disabilities-internships count.
- A valid driver’s license, current auto insurance and a good driving record
If you’re a kind professional seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults, and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.