The Clinical Specialist provides support to the Crisis Therapeutic Home (CTH) and Mobile Crisis programs. This position provides clinical oversight, coaching, and training and conducts various assessments, including functional behavioral assessments, clinical assessments, and crisis assessments, as needed. This position will also provide data oversight such as developing behavioral data tracking sheets, reviewing data records, and incorporating behavioral data into clinical documentation.
This position will support the Clinical Director and Crisis Therapeutic Home with developing and maintaining clinical and therapeutic integrity to the daily programming such as modifying therapeutic groups, developing therapeutic activities, and supporting leadership with video supervision during monthly staff meetings. This position will work under the supervision of the Clinical Director.
REACH is a crisis prevention, intervention and stabilization system to support individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities, as well as a mental health condition or challenging behavior that is negatively affecting their quality of life. REACH provides consultation, prevention, development of crisis education & prevention plans, community based mobile support and crisis therapeutic home services.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provides clinical oversight to the CTH:
- Provides live supervision of therapeutic activities (including direct observation of direct support professionals (DSP), coaching, modeling, and video supervision)
- Modifies or revises therapeutic activities as necessary
- Provides training and support to the CTH Counselors regarding implementation of therapeutic activities
- Assists in establishing and implementing clinical and therapeutic strategies according to individual guest needs
- Assists Clinical Director and CTH Director with monthly staff meetings
- Data collection and analysis:
- Completes various assessments on guests at the CTH including, but not limited to, functional behavior assessments, risk assessments, and crisis assessments
- Provides on-site consultation as needed for guests receiving center-based or community-based supports
- Assists in discharge planning for individuals utilizing the CTH
- Assists CTH Director with QA review of documentation
- Participates in monthly supervision with Clinical Director
- Assists CTH Director with training of new staff
- Other duties as assigned as necessary
- Master’s in health, psychology or social work from USDOE or CHEA accredited institution.
- Licensed or Licensed-eligible, preferred
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience with developmental disabilities and mental health populations, preferred.
- Experience with crisis prevention and intervention services, preferred.
- Must have valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and insurance for personal vehicle utilized for work.
- Proof of COVID vaccination