Our Employment Services program has a Part-Time opportunity for a Certified Peer Support Specialist (CPSS) to join their team in Raleigh. This position offers competitive hourly payrate and flexible hours Mon-Fri. If you’re looking for a rewarding, challenging position Come Join our team!!
The ideal candidate’s life experience with mental illness or substance abuse and behavioral health services provides expertise that professional training cannot replicate. The Employment Peer Mentor is a fully integrated team member who provides highly individualized services in the community and promotes the self-determination and shared decision-making abilities of beneficiaries.
You will provide coaching, mentoring, and consultation to the individual served to promote recovery, self-advocacy, and self-direction.
- Promote wellness management strategies, which include delivering manualized interventions (e.g., Wellness Recovery Action Planning or Illness Management and Recovery) and employment services.
- Assist people receiving services in developing psychiatric advance directives.
- Model recovery values, attitudes, beliefs, and personal action to encourage wellness and resilience.
- Serve as an active member of the employment team, equivalent to other team members, which includes assisting with the Person-Centered Planning process.
- Support and empower the individual to exercise his or her legal rights within the community.
- Successfully participate in the DMH-approved IPS training and provide services according to the service definition and IPS Fidelity Model.
How You’ll Benefit
We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and a position with a team that values your personal growth and development.
Plus, if you regularly work more than 30 hours a week, you’ll receive the following fabulous benefits:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
- A minimum of a high school diploma or GED required.
- Must be an NC Certified Peer Support Specialist.
- “Lived experience” and a personal recovery story specific to primary mental illness or substance use disorders.
- Minimum of two years’ experience working with the Adult Mental Health population. Additional skills and knowledge in order to provide TST support.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy and supported employment preferred.
- Must have current, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license, unrestricted vehicle insurance and own vehicle for community-based travel throughout designated territory.
- Must be able to pass a criminal background check.
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to providing exceptional disability, behavioral health and addiction treatment services to help our neighbors live their best lives. Our diverse and inclusive 2,600 member team provides more than 10.2 million hours of meaningful support to 40,200 kids, adults and families in 11,000 home, facility and community locations across North Carolina and Virginia.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.