Caregiver/Direct Service Provider supports persons residing in a variety of residential settings. This staff participates in the daily routine of the home, and provides support for habilitative and rehabilitative activities, personal care, health care, and other activities as outlined in the Plan of Care/ Person Centered Plan/ Individualized Support Plan, with all services provided within the framework of person-centered and informed choice philosophies.
Essential Job Functions:
- Assists individuals with daily activities, personal care, home care and maintenance, and transportation.
- Participates in implementation of person-centered plan under guidance from QP.
- Provides direct interventions to build socialization, behavior management skills, and daily/community living skills.
- Provides direct interventions to promote adaptive skill learning, community inclusion, and development of leisure time interests/activities.
- Maintains documentation, progress notes, and other data as needed, including incident and accident reports.
- Communicates with other staff and supervisor on progress, needs, concerns and changes related to residents being supported.
- Responds to individual safety needs, including reporting significant changes in behavior and health.
- Provides high quality customer service, serving as a positive representative for the agency with other professionals, families, and the community at large.
- Performs housekeeping duties as assigned.
- Prepares meals in accordance with individual dietary needs and preferences, ensuring residents are included in meal preparation per the care plan.
- Completes medication management activities including assisting residents to take medication, educating residents about medication, correct and timely documentation of medication administration and any incidents related to medication.
- Demonstrates on a daily basis, a team player mentality, working collaboratively with internal and external team members to ensure residents supported receive most appropriate level of care and that health and safety and rights are maintained to the highest degree possible.
- Completes all documentation as required in a timely manner
- Attends regular group or individual supervision as required, including staff meetings.
- Participates in ongoing Quality Improvement activities.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
- Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates Easterseals UCP valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
- Completes required training within prescribed timeframes.
- Performs related duties as requested.
· High School diploma or equivalent appropriately accredited by the appropriate state department of education.
- A minimum of one year of documented experience with the population to be served is preferred.
- Must have current auto insurance and valid, unrestricted North Carolina driver’s license, good driving record.
Standard office equipment: computer, fax, phone, pager. Use of personal transportation may be required. May have to use personal assistance devices such as a Hoyer lift or powered wheel chair.
Essential physical requirements:
- Must be physically able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, bend and assist individuals with mobility needs.
- Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
- Must be able to speak audibly, write legibly and perform repetitive motions such as typing.
Services are provided in a residential setting (group home) and the community as designated in the persons plan of care. Services provided are funded through Innovations Waiver, B3 Medicaid and/or State Waivers. May come in contact with individuals who are ill and/or contagious and must take precautions to ensure the health and safety of all individuals participating in the program, parents, staff and self. Will be exposed to cleaning and sanitation solutions.