No-experience required. We will train for this entry-level position!
Easterseals UCP is seeking compassionate, caring and dedicated caregivers (internally called Direct Service Providers or DSPs) to join our team. In this position you will work directly with clients living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (IDD) or mental health (MH) challenges. These clients reside in our IDD or MH group homes and require 24-hour care in a warm and friendly, family environment. You will help clients with their daily living skills and also help keep them socially engaged so their days are enjoyable and meaningful. Daily documentation and reporting is required.
- A heart for serving others
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license, valid auto insurance and a good driving record
- Must complete and maintain our training curriculum, which includes (but is not limited to) the following:
- CPR/First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Core competencies and other trainings relevant to position
Easterseals UCP is one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina and Virginia dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible life. Each year, we support 20,000 families by delivering 9 million hours of direct services and a wide variety of life-changing programs in 140 different locations
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.