Respite Weekend Camp Counselor
Are you looking for a fun and rewarding weekend activity? Do you love Fall camping as much as we do? Camp Easterseals in New Castle, Virginia is seeking weekend Camp Counselors to join our team for a weekend of Fall fun and camping October 27 – 29th. The Camp Counselor will assist the campers with daily activities to include nature walks, arts and crafts and adapted sports activities.
YOU are a good match for this position if you….
- Are at least 18 or older with a high school diploma or GED
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Believe that with the right support, people with disabilities can live, work, and contribute to their communities
- Have the ability assist campers with daily activities as needed (ex. Transferring in/out of wheelchairs, bathing, feeding, dressing)
- Have a great attitude, sense of humor, and enjoy spending time in the outdoors!
What you will receive….
- Room and board (smores included!!)
- Competitive pay $$
- Experience caring for individuals with disabilities
- Personal growth and meaningful work
- A beautiful and peaceful work environment
About Camp Easterseals:
For 64 years, Camp Easterseals has provided quality recreational and therapeutic camp programming in the beautiful countryside of New Castle, Virginia. Children and adults with disabilities are able to experience all the outdoors has to offer including horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, ziplining and campfires thanks to an amazing group of dedicated team members just like you.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability, and age.