Easterseals UCP, is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated Behavioral Support Staff to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary team designed to provide crisis interventions and support to children and adults.
What You’ll Do:
As a Therapeutic Support Staff member at Easterseals UCP your care will follow the progress of patients and make adjustments to the care provided as necessary make a positive difference in the lives of the people you will be assisting. We provide the highest quality of care to all guests and maintain effective, positive, and quality operations at our center. Our team provides therapeutic support and care for our individuals with co-occurring developmental disabilities and mental health vulnerabilities who are visiting our resource center for planned or crisis stays. Your services will help maintain consistent therapeutic engagement with guests throughout the course of the day, from facilitating therapeutic groups, leisure time, outings and meal prep. You will collaborate with staff and help clients find benefits or community services.
How You’ll Benefit:
You’ll earn a salary start of $17.00/hr. while being a part of a growing team making a difference in our community. In addition, we offer benefits to those regularly working Monday-Wednesday and every other Saturday and Sunday totaling up to 40 hours per week,
This role offers paid training and professional development.
Our benefits include the following:
- Paid time off and 11 paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits plus an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power
- Supervision for licensure
- PSLF qualifier
What We’re Looking For:
To join our team, you must be willing to provide care in a supportive environment for individuals who may experience behavioral or mental health crisis, have a passion for helping others, have experience with MS Office suite and data entry, plus strong verbal and written communication skills. We also require the following:
- Bachelors Degree in Social Work, Psychology or related Human Services Field
- Will consider people without college degrees if they have 5 years of relevant I/DD and mental health experience.
- 2 years experience with supporting individuals with intellectual/developmental disabilities and co-occurring mental health conditions required
- Valid driver’s license, current auto insurance, and a clean driving record
- Recent College Graduates interested in pursuing Graduate Level Programs in Social Work/Psychology/OT/PT or Nursing encouraged to apply
If you’re seeking a rewarding opportunity to make a massive difference in the lives of the community through the START model, please apply now at www.eastersealsucp.com.
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA:
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults, and families with intellectual and developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best lives. We support over 22,000 children, adults, and families yearly with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 locations.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.