At Easterseals UCP of North Carolina and Virginia, we’re seeking an experienced Medical Director to lead the clinical operations of our Behavioral Health Services, delivering comprehensive care and ensuring clinical excellence across our operations.
What You’ll Do
As a Medical Director of Behavioral Health, you will be responsible for the administration and oversight of the clinical operations of ESUCP’S Behavioral Health Services. You will work closely with Extenders and other medical professionals to identify recurring health trends, ensure the implementation of current evidence based and best practices and that all persons served receive whole person care of the highest quality. This role will require travel throughout NC where services are provided. In addition to this, you’ll:
- Implement and monitor behavioral health laws and regulations.
- Manage budgets, improve provider-client communication, and supervise medical staff.
- Maintain compliance with regulatory standards.
- Foster collaborative relationships among medical professionals.
- Ensure up-to-date licensure and credentials for medical staff.
- Facilitate medical staff meetings, focusing on clinical and strategic objectives.
- Consult on patient care, best practice guidelines, and care standards.
- Use KPIs to improve clinical efficiency.
- Contribute in the recruitment and evaluation of Behavioral Health Providers.
- Address clinical quality improvements and service expansion.
- Provide in-person and telemedicine services as needed.
- Represent ESUCP and Port Health at meetings and events
How You’ll Benefit
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, as needed.
What We’re Looking For
We are looking for someone who has demonstrated ability to provide leadership to and build the trust of clinicians, administrative support staff, providers, and key business stakeholders. In addition to this, we are looking for someone who has:
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, independently and as part of a team, in a collaborative setting.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- An understanding and commitment to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality and quality care.
- Demonstrated problem-solving through root-cause analysis; ability to articulate both clinical and business impacts of issues.
- Ability to utilize computer technology and willingness to develop and adapt to evolving technological requirements in the behavioral healthcare environment.
Desired Skills, Education & Licensure
We are looking for someone with an MD or DO degree from an accredited medical school who is Board Certified or Board Eligible in general psychiatry (board certification in addiction medicine is a plus!). You should have previous experience and demonstrated success in supervising Providers, Extenders and other clinical staff. In addition to this, we are looking for someone who has:
- At least 5 years’ experience as Medical Director or Associate Medical Director
- At least 5 years’ clinical teaching and/or private practice experience
- A current, valid license to practice psychiatry in the state of North Carolina.
- Substantial knowledge of Behavioral Health operations
- At least 5 years’ experience in the treatment of individuals with substance use disorders.
- A minimum of 10 years’ experience in the treatment of individuals with mental health disorders, including dually diagnosed.
- Experience with Adolescents with MH/SUD – a plus.
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.