Easterseals UCP, is a non-profit service provider in North Carolina & Virginia. We are seeking a compassionate, caring, and dedicated Behavior Technician (1 or 2) to join our collaborative, multidisciplinary Virginia REACH team designed to provide support to adults in our Adult Transitional Home (ATH) located in Culpeper, VA.
*This position comes with a sign-on and retention bonus of $2000*
What You’ll Do
The Behavior Technician (BT) levels 1 and 2 provide support to individuals at the Adult Transitional Home (or the Youth Home as needed) with co-occurring disabilities and/or behavioral health needs. Some of what you may do depending on your BT level: participate in facilitating daily program and rehabilitative activities, therapeutic interventions, assist with personal care. As part of the REACH team you will collaborate with PCP’s, community crisis services and the families of the participants referred to the home.
*We are currently hiring for overnights!
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary between $18-22/hour, based on your education and current BT experience level.
We also offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week.
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
- *Bonus is for full-time positions; the pay-out schedule for bonus is $500 upon successful completion of 90-day training period, $500 at 6 months and $1000 at successful completion of 1 year
What We’re Looking For
To join our team as a Behavior Technician (BT) you must have experience working with IDD/Behavioral Health (BH) disorders. We also require the following:
- Minimum education levels with BH experience:
- BT 1: High school diploma and some experience in behavioral health
- BT 2: Bachelor’s degree in Human Service field of study, or QMHP (trainee), or qualify for QMHP
- Maintain valid state appropriate driver’s license and auto insurance for personal and agency vehicles utilized for work
If you’re a kind, behavioral health technician, entry-level or experienced, seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
Easterseals UCP is one of the largest non-profit service providers in North Carolina and Virginia dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible life. Each year, we support 20,000 families by delivering 9 million hours of direct services and a wide variety of life-changing programs in 140 different locations.
We believe in a diverse and inclusive culture that leverages unique strengths, perspectives and viewpoints of its workforce can and will advance our just cause, while building a healthy, sustainable organization. That’s why we listen, seek to understand and act to make our organization a safe place for individuals to be their authentic selves.
Applicants of all abilities are encouraged to apply!