Work Schedule is : Monday-Friday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
Position Summary: The Administrative Assistant is responsible for supporting the program with administrative and billing functions. The incumbent works with program and finance staff on billing revenue and following up on claims until they are paid or otherwise adjusted and are no longer included in the AR balance.
Essential Job Functions:
- Enters billing charges for an assigned portfolio.
- Navigates the electronic health record to ensure that billing items are accurate and billable.
- Enters new client data into the electronic health record.
- Enters and monitors authorization expiration dates in weekly tracker, verifies information in the MCO electronic health record system, verifies eligibility check in NC Tracks, etc.
- Processes contracts with current MCO, ensures all required information is completed and accurate, ensures that deadlines are met and processes are followed.
- Facilitates efficient business operations including scheduling, communicating with staff, faxing, scanning, etc. Provides additional trainings when deemed necessary.
- Complies with all corporate policies and procedures, HIPAA guidelines, DBHDS rules Medicaid/Medicare federal guidelines.
- Provides administrative support to clinical staff including filing, communicating via phone, scheduling, taking minutes, order supplies, etc.
- Organizes meetings, programs, and events for the Program/Community by arranging for facilities, speakers, catering, communications, distribution of materials and invitations.
- Ensures organization of materials in order to maintain efficient and orderly office environment.
- Ensures that incoming and outgoing mail is logged daily and is distributed to recipients.
- Completes check requests, codes expenses, reviews expense reports, and submits for payment.
- Responsible for human resources related duties such as new hire processing/orientation and maintaining licensure regulated employee files while keeping track of staff training needs.
- Orders all supplies and helps ensure maintenance of office and electronic equipment.
- Maintains regular attendance and punctuality, manages use of PTO time, and follows all policies and procedures regarding time off.
- Follows all ESUCP Policies and Procedures.
- Demonstrates Easter Seals valued behaviors of Accountability, Commitment and Caring as appropriate to position.
- Completes required training within prescribed timeframes.
- Performs related duties as requested
Supervisory Responsibility: None
- High School diploma or equivalent appropriately accredited by the appropriate state department of education, AAS degree in Business Administration or related field from a college or university accredited by an entity approved by USDOE or CHEA preferred.
- Preferred at least two years’ experience with Medicaid, Medicare, private insurance and Community Service Board (CSB)/Managed Care Organization (MCO) billing.
- Proficient in interpreting Explanation of Benefits (EOB).
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Have a valid North Carolina driver’s license, good driving record and insurability is required.
- Must have reliable transportation that will allow movement throughout the program delivery area.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Team player with strong customer service skills.
Computers, telephones, and other standard office equipment
Essential physical requirements:
- Must possess the visual acuity to develop written correspondence and determine accuracy, neatness and thoroughness of the work assigned.
- Must be able to physically perform the basic life operational functions of talking, hearing, sitting for long periods of time and performing repetitive motions, such as using a computer.
- Must be able to speak audibly, write legibly and perform repetitive motions such as typing.
Environment: Typical, climate-controlled office environment, shared office space; little travel required.
We strive to attract and engage team members with diverse lived experiences. We intentionally seek out and value uniqueness across race, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, personality, disability and age.