Are you looking for a fun and rewarding summer activity? Do you love camping and spending time outdoors as much as we do? Camp Easterseals is located in the beautiful Blue Ridge mountains of New Castle, Virginia, and is seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our team in a summer of adventures and camping fun. The administrative assistant is responsible for assisting with office tasks during the day and the care and supervision of the campers in the evening.
What You’ll Do
Administrative duties: answer phone calls, prepare and file paperwork utilizing Microsoft Office suite, attend and actively participate in all staff orientation programming, assist with checking campers and staff in and out, drive staff members to the airport, doctor, etc., attend staff meetings. Camper duties: supervise and assist campers with daily activities, encourage participation in camp activities and supervise cabin during rest time, assist in daily and weekly cabin and camp clean-ups.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary in addition to other benefits for Camp staff:
Camp benefits include:
- Room and board (all meals and smores are included!!)
- Climate-controlled cabins
- Competitive pay $; biweekly salary
- plus, a bonus for returning each season
- plus, one if you refer your friends, too!
- Experience caring for individuals with disabilities
- Personal growth and meaningful work
- A beautiful, tranquil work environment with wooded areas to explore in your down-time
- Camp activity areas including swimming pools, creek, recreation hall, dining hall, and many other outdoor areas!
What We’re Looking For
To join our team, you must believe that with the right support, people with disabilities can live, work, and contribute to their communities, have a sense of humor and have a passion for helping others. We also require the following:
- You must be at least 18 or older
- Possess a minimum of a high school diploma or GED
- One or more years of college or experience is preferred
- Have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to commit to a minimum of 12 consecutive days
- Value the role recreation plays in personal development
- Have the ability assist campers with daily activities as needed (ex. Transferring in/out of wheelchairs, bathing, feeding, dressing)
- Be able to bend and lift 30 pounds and possess the physical ability to perform the position duties
If you are kind, have a great attitude, a sense of humor, and are seeking a rewarding summer opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the lives of the people you will help to enjoy camp, please apply now at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com OR by sending your resume to: email@example.com
About Camp Easterseals:
For 64 years, Camp Easterseals has provided quality recreational and therapeutic camp programming in the beautiful countryside of New Castle, Virginia. Children and adults with disabilities are able to experience all the outdoors has to offer including horseback riding, canoeing, swimming, arts and crafts, ziplining and campfires thanks to an amazing group of dedicated team members just like you.