On-going Part-Time opportunity for experienced ABA Behavior Specialist /Paraprofessional to support Child 1:1 in After School recreation program. The ideal candidate will be energetic and passionate about supporting children with disabilities and behavioral issues.
Part-Time schedule (Mon-Fri 1:00pm to 5:30pm) throughout the school year as well as 2 Saturdays a mos (9am-3pm). Teacher Work Days & School Holidays (9am-5pm) and Full Day Summer Camp JUNE-AUG
What You’ll Do:
- Provide (1:1) support for child having special needs and slight aggressive behaviors.
- You will work 1:1 to assist at learning and increasing skills in all areas of independence, including: self-care, toileting and independent living skills.
- Appropriately manage child’s behavior and guide toward more acceptable social interactions utilizing the principles of Applied Behavior Analysis (ABA).
- Implement positive behavior support plans and model appropriate behavioral interventions. Be able to identify Antecedents and Precursors of challenging behaviors and respond most effectively to handle current situation.
- Develop specific 1:1 communication system by observing and learning how they behave and communicate.
- Collaborate with clinical team members including; Supervisor, Parents and other professionals to ensure continuity and quality of care for the individual.
How You’ll Benefit:
Being part of our team means we value and encourage your personal growth and development. We offer a competitive hourly rate, flexible schedules, and paid training for completing the required courses below to provide you with key skills to help serve our clients:
- CPR / First Aid
- Crisis Intervention Techniques
- Medication Administration
- OSHA/Bloodborne Pathogen (BBP)
- Seizure Management
- Other training courses relevant to this position and your growth.
What We’re Looking For:
- Minimum of 21 years of age with High School Diploma. One year of college preferred.
- Behavioral background experience within Recreational Therapy, ABA Therapy, RBT Training, Special Education and/or Psychology disciplines.
- Must have 2 years of hands-on experience working one-on-one (1:1) supporting children with special needs and aggressive behaviors
- Must have a valid, unrestricted, state-appropriate driver’s license and maintain current vehicle insurance. Willing to transport program participants in agency vehicles- e.g. van or mini-bus.
If you’re looking for a rewarding career opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you’ll support, then please apply now on our website: www.eastersealsucp.com
About Easterseals UCP NC & VA
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to helping children, adults and families living with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities and mental health challenges live their best possible lives. Each year, we support over 22,000 children, adults, and families with more than 9 million hours of meaningful direct services and life-changing programs in 140 different locations.