Our ever-growing Transition-To-Work Program has a immediate Full-Time opportunity for a dedicated Direct Service Provider (DSP) to join their team in New Bern. This position will provide 1:1 support assisting individual with job applications and onsite job coaching. If you are looking for a new and rewarding position then we are looking for you!
What You’ll Do
The DSP performs as an integral part of the management team working with High School Students and Adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities. The primary duties are to prepare individuals (ages16yrs old and up) with developmental disabilities for employment. This position will support individuals in job exploration, work-based learning experiences, and workplace readiness training as directed by the Transition Coordinator. This position is supervised by the Transition Coordinator and Program Director.
- Coaches individuals during Job Club activities, volunteerism, and job shadowing.
- Accompanies individuals being supported to their community-based site to provide on-the-job training.
- Analyzes job duties and tasks and completes a thorough job task analysis.
- Assists individuals in mastering skills and meeting production standards, fading support as appropriate.
- Assists in performing an individual’s job duties to maintain necessary production as well as model work behavior.
- Facilitates social interaction with coworkers and provides reinforcement as learning is demonstrated.
- Supports the Transition Coordinator in the development of activities for the program.
- Maintains documentation and evaluations as required by the Transition Coordinator and funding body’s standards and regulations.
- Coordinates communication with Empower leadership, parents, and other agencies serving the individuals being supported. This means that documentation must be entered into the electronic medical record system within 24 hours of service delivery.
- Provides supplemental evaluation, work development, and intensive training activities with individuals being supported according to their service plan and work schedule.
- Assists with the personal care needs of the individuals being supported such as toileting, dressing, eating, etc. as needed.
How You’ll Benefit
You’ll earn a competitive salary based on your experience and join a growing team making a difference in our community. We offer benefits to those regularly working 30 hours or more per week as well as paid training and professional development.
Our benefits include:
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Health Benefits + an optional Flexible Health Spending Account (FSA)
- Life Insurance, Disability Insurance and more
- 403(b) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program and Legal services, when needed
- Lots of Merchant Discounts to improve your purchasing power!
What We’re Looking For
- The ideal candidate will be: someone who is able to think creatively, has patience; willing to learn; flexible in understanding schedules; and is comfortable working on their feet for long periods of time.
- High School diploma or equivalent required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with adolescents and adults with IDD diagnosis.
- Knowledge of the labor market and community services agencies, as well as skills in writing task analysis, systemic job training, counseling, advocacy, and supported employment preferred.
- Must be comfortable with a fast-paced work environment to meet the program’s performance expectations.
- Valid North Carolina driver’s license, clean driving record, and current insurance required.
- Must have reliable transportation that will allow movement throughout the program’s territory.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
If you’re a compassionate, energetic DSP seeking a rewarding opportunity where you can make a huge difference in the daily lives of the people you will help, please apply at our website: www.eastersealsucp.com